An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never breaks. ~Chinese Proverb

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Seven and Sweet.....

On Friday, Madalyn turned 7. Seems she has experienced a few milestones in the past few months. She has lost a few teeth and recently learned how to ride her bike. We spent the day at Disney as a family and we will celebrate with friends this coming weekend. Like Mackenzie, she received a Disney gift card and couldn't wait to shop. She had been considering her options for a several weeks now as she anticipated her birthday. Notice the above "before" pic and see the "after" pic below:


My girl is decked out!! She purchased a new Minnie hat, those fancy red hair ties, the multi-colored pin strap, a pin, a pen, two necklaces, and a 3 pack of lollipops to share. She is definitely my fashionista, or at least the one who cares more about it and seems to be more intentional about what she wears. Oh, and that is a Birthday button she is wearing courtesy of the Mouse.



Proud of her selections!


She looks so cute in a hat, I love this pic. She is my sweet, tendered hearted girl. She had a bit of an attitude at some point throughout the day. After some dialogue between her and I, she sat quietly. As we headed out of the park, she handed me a note that she had written on the back on the tag attached to one of her necklaces. It said, "I love mom. I'm sary I have ben rood to you. Do you forgif me?" She makes a mama's heart melt I tell ya.
Ok, so her favorite part of the weekend was that I surprised her by taking her to get her ears pierced. Yep, made the leap. She had been asking for several months. At first, I felt like I needed to wait till it was a more important birthday, like 10 or 13. Not sure what I mean by important since all birthdays are special but anyway. I decided it would mean most to her when she was really requesting it so off we went!

The prep.


The after shot, trying to look happy and excited but had just finished crying. I had been preparing for a little while. When I first told her what we were doing, she was excited for about 2 minutes and then burst into tears as she considered the pain. I totally gave her the option to pierce or not to pierce. But after a night's sleep, she woke up around 6:30am asking me if we could leave now to go to the mall. She had made her decision.


And there it is......a sweet pink flower with a diamond-like center. We spent the next couple of hours at the mall and she kept seeing all the grown up earrings and asked me if she could get those. I mean, like, huge, dangley, fancy earrings! Oh boy.....
Stay tuned for more pics and more about why I love her............

1 comment:

  1. Miss Madalyn, your earrings are just beautiful and look so sparkley! We hope you had a wonderful birthday and wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete