An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never breaks. ~Chinese Proverb

Saturday, February 13, 2010

KitchenAid Lovin'......

About 10 days ago, Matt came home and surprised me with a red, 5-QT, KitchenAid Stand Mixer!! I about died. I was so excited and he was just as excited to give it to me. He has been chomping at the bit to give me whatever he had hidden in the trunk. I had been forbidden to go into it for a couple of weeks at this point. Oh, and I just LOVE that it is RED! I feel very fancy with my new mixer. So the first thing I made was a homemade bread recipe from the KitchenAid book.....


I made a simple white bread recipe to start off with.


There it is, working hard!


The dough is beginning to come together...


After letting it rise for a hour, punching and separating it into two loaves, and letting it rise another hour, it was ready for the oven...


And there you have it! Two really yummy loaves of good ole fashioned white bread. I didn't have appropriate loaf pans but maybe next time.

Slap a little, or a lot, of butter on it and ENJOY!
Thanks Honey, I love it and I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Love your red mixer! Charlton got me one for Valentines day this year since my 10-year old Sunbeam mixmaster just wasn't cutting it anymore. Isn't it amazing! I made some cinnamon swirl bread and mixing the dough was so much easier in the Kitchen aid. Have you tried allrecipes.com? That's a great website and has helped me climb out of my cooking rut, at least partially! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara. I know, I am loving it. I'm mixing everything in there, so easy. I made mashed potatoes and pancake mix this week. I'll have to check out allrecipes. I've heard of it but never really looked at it, thanks for the tip. I have the "America's Test Kitchen Cookbook" and LOVE, LOVE it! I use it weekly for sure. Miss you guys....Dawna

    ReplyDelete