An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never breaks. ~Chinese Proverb

Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Birthday Boy!

Happy Birthday Mason who turns 3 today. Over the weekend, we celebrated with friends and family. He goes with the flow, loves playing with his sisters (although that is not always reciprocal), is WAY more talkative than either of the girls, loves to rough house, can keep up with the big kids, and still likes me to sing to him and "nuggle nuggle". He's just so fun for our family!

You may notice the decorations look familiar. That's because we had a Hot Wheel themed party last year and this year was Cars. It really is his obsession so I'm glad I saved all the stuff. We started off with a little pool time, then pizza, cake and presents....


This might be my favorite pic of the day!


Oh, and he's sporting a new haircut!


He found those two new cars sitting on the counter before I put them on the cake and he couldn't get to them fast enough.


Still on there.....


And now they're gone. The second he blew out the candles, they came off!


He loved opening presents. He received the Cars movie, a new sleeping bag, new Cars cars, a Thomas movie, a new fancy Rescue Helicopter, a fire engine Cars thingy, and he has a super hero cape with a big M on it coming in the mail.


There's that fancy helicopter....


The sweetest time for me is after the party when the birthday kid can just play and enjoy all their new things.
Our time with him has gone by really fast. I'm not sure if that's because he was bit older at 16 months when he came home or if its just that I'm getting old-er. In any case, I think of his birthmom today knowing she is thinking of him and wondering about him. I am forever grateful for her selflessness and courage.
We love you Mason! Happy Birthday Buddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment