An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never breaks. ~Chinese Proverb

Friday, April 10, 2009

Date Days........

The girls have recently been on Spring Break. Because their schools are in two different counties, they were off two different weeks. But it worked out fine. I was able to take them each for a day and do something special, just the two of us. Mackenzie's day was last week and she wanted to go the Animal Kingdom (we have passes). When she was littler and before Mason was here, it would just be her and I on Fridays while Madalyn was in school. Every Thursday night, we'd go over the next day and she would always say, "I hang out wif you mama?" somewhat as both a statement and a question. Anyway, here's our day at Disney.......
Ready to go with autograph book


A true princess




On the Safari ride


In front of the "Tree of Life". This is a Disney made tree with hundreds of animals carved into it. Animal Kingdom's icon.


Crazy girl with her 3-D glasses on for "It's tough to be a bug" movie


One of those crazy huge lollipops I hate to spend money on. But it was date day you know and dates are supposed to be special.........

This week was Madalyn's turn. We had originally planned to go rollerskating. Now, mind you, I've not been on skates (REAL skates, not in-line skates) since I was 14 I think and Madalyn has never been on them. I was both excited and anticipating bruised bottoms. However, when given the choice between this and manicures, my girlie girl, true to form, picked the pampering. She was very excited..........






Ahhhh, now I know what mom's talking about....no kids, silence..........


I gave her some options in color and she picked an iridescent lavender and then the tech painted two little white daises on her thumbs.



I forgot how much I like having my nails polished



So that's date day with my girls. How fun.

1 comment: