An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never breaks. ~Chinese Proverb

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter...

While it is not yet officially Easter day, I find myself reflect on what it means to me. Our church, Grace Fellowship, is having service outside at Lake Eola. The kid's ministry will be leading off worship and Madalyn wanted to be part of it so she will be on stage tomorrow to sing "Oh Happy Day" with all the other kids. Matt and I are also participating in what is called "cardboard testimonies" (you can see examples on youtube). Our card says, "God turned out infertility into love from China and Ethiopia". All that being said, tonight was rehearsal for both those things. To see Madalyn up on stage singing her little heart out for Jesus was a reminder of God's sweetness. Mackenzie and Mason aren't yet quite able to grasp what Easter means but Madalyn has a true sense of what happened.

Worship is my favorite way to connect with God above reading scripture, bible studies, and even prayer. Music reaches me in ways nothing else can and worship OUTSIDE........well that's just pure heaven. So, I am looking forward to celebrating that not only did Christ take on my sin and set me free, but more importantly that he has risen!

So, tomorrow as we are searching for eggs and eating ham, may you feel the peace that comes with knowing that Christ has painstakingly taken on our ugliness simply to have relationship with us and to ensure we have eternal life with Him. I am loved.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome about the cardboard testimonials... our church did the same drama for our groundbreaking ceremony back in December. It was really powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the photo of you all on fb and was moved and loved it so much. I hope your day was special in every way.

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete