An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never breaks. ~Chinese Proverb

Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Camera

I love taking pictures. Three years ago, we bought a new camera, a Canon Powershot ES. I liked it because it had some weight to it, had a 12x zoom, and could take continuous photos in a sports mode. It had a bunch of other modes on the dial but I didn't know much about those. We had a Canon Powershot before as well but a much simpler model. It had been a great camera. I have always wanted to learn more about my camera but the manual is not user friendly. I've thought about taking a class but have just never got around to it. Lately, the itch is worse. I'm wanting to research buying additional lenses and such. So I started playing around and took another shot at the manual. The more I read, it is beginning to make sense....aperture, shutter speed, iso, all that stuff. And I figured out the macro mode.........love it, and the digital zoom. I like to take close ups. So I had a little fun over the weekend and thought I'd share a few of my favs..........



You can blur the foreground by adjusting the aperture.


Same here but I blurred the background by decreasing the Fstop.


Madalyn's birdhouse


Macro mode

Although there is increased pixelation here, I love this one. This is our very worn antenna topper. I know, Disney....we're so gay.


Artsy


One of a zillion lizards in our yard, this one is peeking over our pool screen.


Using my digital zoom.

I don't know much about this one and haven't been able to do it again. You see that is b/w with only the red accented. Apparently you can accent certain colors but I don't understand this one much.
So now I want to figure out if I can reduce the excess pixelation. I'm wondering if I will need another lens. If you have any thoughts, let me know. I have said for years now that if I wasn't a counselor, I'd be a photographer. No where near that now but having fun.............

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Dawna. I'm impressed. Glad you are enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete